Ruston is certified as a Family Law Specialist by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. He is a results-driven attorney with more than thirteen years of settlement and litigation experience in complex, high-conflict family law cases. He is a resourceful and keen researcher who is noted for developing and executing effective case strategies. He also provides a strong courtroom presence across Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, and Los Angeles Counties.
Ruston was an associate (2005-2012), and then a partner (2012-2015), in the Santa Barbara family law firm, Misho|Imming, LLP. Greg developed respect for him while litigating major Santa Barbara cases over the years. Ruston could hit hard, but he always maintained the professionalism and ethical standards on which HLG stands. He is a zealous advocate, but also a principled one.
In 2004, he interned for Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge James Brown (Ret.).
Ruston grew up in northern San Luis Obispo County and attended UC Santa Barbara on a golf scholarship. He has been a part of the Santa Barbara legal community since 1998, when he began working during his sophomore year for a group of attorneys involved in family law, civil litigation and a variety of other areas.
Ruston is a dedicated family man, and an avid golfer. He, with his wife and two daughters, also enjoys all water sports and especially water skiing.
- State Bar of California, 2005
- JD., Santa Barbara College of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2001
- Intern for Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge James Brown (Ret.)
Professional Associations and Distinctions:
- Member of the San Luis Obispo Bar Association, (2021 – Present).
- Member of the California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, (2018 – Present).
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association, (2005 – Present).
- Ventura County Bar Association, Member, (2015 – Present).
- William L. Gordon American Inn of Court, Past Member, (2003).